BLUEBERRY "CHEESECAKE" SMOOTHIE
If you have been keeping up with my recipes you’ll notice I don't consume a lot of dairy (ghee is an exception but more on that in another post). So of course cheesecake for me is out of the question. Not only does it contain heavy amounts of dairy but a lot of unrefined sugar as well. Once in a while, I like to indulge in unhealthy foods because let's face it: depriving yourself and eating super healthy all the time is not good for your mental health. I only speak from experience. But I try to avoid heavy dairy because the unpleasant feeling I get almost immediately after is just too much. Enter this blueberry cheesecake smoothie. Its delicious, easy, quick, dairy free, refined sugar-free (as all smoothies should be) and the taste reminds me of cheesecake. Maybe I’m wrong and it doesn't taste like cheesecake at all. Does it matter? No, because this smoothie is still a 100 percent amazing. I am thinking of developing an actual vegan blueberry cheesecake recipe. What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments! In the meantime, try this recipe!
- ⅓ cup of frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup whole raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- ¼ of lemon’s worth of juice (approximately 2 tsp)
- 2 tsp of nutritional yeast flakes (this gives it that nice “cheese” flavor)
- 1 pitted soft Medjool date
- ½ inch of peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup of filtered water (more or less depending on how thick you like your smoothies)
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
Pour into your favorite glass or drink straight out of the blender and enjoy!